Mission & Values
The Center for Intercultural Organizing is a diverse, grassroots organization working to build a multi-racial, multicultural movement for immigrant and refugee rights.
We envision a strong multicultural democracy inclusive of all.
Our Areas of Focus:
We focus on four program areas that together catalyze systemic change – education, civic engagement, community organizing and mobilization, and intergenerational leadership development.
- We believe that we are strongest—both as an organization and a society—when we respect each other, empathize with one another and struggle together toward justice.
- We believe that an intercultural solidarity movement must be multilingual as well as multicultural.
- We believe that diverse communities benefit when they come together to exchange knowledge and experiences.
- We believe in positive grassroots action to confront oppression.
- We believe that the people most affected by an issue should be the individuals and communities leading and advocating for solutions.
- We encourage individual and collective leadership and innovation in creating meaningful change.
- We endorse peaceful conflict resolution as the best method to achieve social and economic justice.
- We believe that being conscious of our global human interconnection can engender peace—at home and abroad.